Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Conversation With One's Self



Hmmm, so what can I write about this week? There’s so many ideas running through my mind right now. How do I pick just one?

Come on Ross….Focus! Pull it together! AT LEAST 12 people are counting on you for mediocre jokes, poorly taken pictures, and an update on Abs.

Perhaps our readers want a “Behind the Scenes” look at the Jones Family?

Hmm….that could work. So what’d you do all week?

Lets see…..I made some egg salad. Turned out ok. Probably too much pepper. All in all I was pleased. 

What else? 

I recorded and watched the series finale of HIMYM three times. That was cool. I also got pretty good gas mileage this week. That’s worth celebrating.

Wow…..I’m a real loser. That’s not going anywhere.

You’re right. Ok, what else? Hm…..maybe a sappy story about the greatest day of my life?

That’s gold! I’ll even finish with some sappy bit about Abs that leads to one of those “AWWW” moments from the ladies. Oh yeah, I’m doing it!

So, the best day of my life…..which will I choose? Oh…I got it! First day of our honeymoon. 

No no no you idiot! Completely inappropriate!

True. Ok, think Ross, think! Uncle Morty needs a halfway decent post!

Screw it……keep it simple, Rossco. Just post a picture. Say something cute and be done.

That sounds good. Here’s a good one of Abs, Judd, Olivia the Great, and Nanananananana-Grantman! Judd’s adopted "siblings" across town.




Why is Olivia laughing and blocking her nose?

I think Grant farted.

Haha. I love that kid. 

Me too.

Wait, I am you. This is weird. Would you just get to the update on Abs already?

My bad. Lets see……the doctors called and said that Abby’s small (pea size) tumor on her lung is cancer. They had to do some tests to determine if it was kidney cancer, breast cancer, or perhaps just primary lung cancer. Lung cancer it is! No evidence of spreading from the kidney or the breast. A very good thing! Docs calling tomorrow or Monday to schedule pre-op. They plan to do the lung and kidney surgery at one time. 

Sooo…..you mean to tell me one mammogram has led to finding THREE different cancers, all likely stage one, and all found early in the game?

Yep.

Man, that wife of yours…….total Bad@$$!


Indeed.

2 comments:

  1. ...made me laugh out loud, yet again!!! ...are you really from my genes???...LOVED this "update" and the fantastic pix of the all "siblings" and our "lil' red-haired girl"... ILY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm questioning if he's from my brothers genes LJ....Ross, you crack me up! Great picture.

    ReplyDelete