Thursday, March 27, 2014

Move Over Jimmy!

My man Jimmy Fallon thinks he’s got a monopoly on Thank You notes. If you have no idea what I’m talking about….google “Jimmy Fallon thank you notes” and enjoy the laugh. My generation knows what I’m talking about, soooo I’m mainly talking to you, MawMaw……You’re welcome! Well you know what? I’ve got some thank you notes I’ve been meaning to write……

Thank you……..Nurse Javier at the Moffitt Center. Bringing Abby a bedpan at her extreme time of need was a priceless gesture. Sure, she told you a pig would climb out of her belly button before she’d ever use it…..but hey, the gesture was much appreciated.

Thank you…….DirecTV. After three months with your service, I have yet to memorize your complicated channel system. I’ve watched a steady rotation of the same three channels for the last 90 days. On the bright side, it’s really hard to find The Real Housewives.

Thank you…….Dr. Blah-Blah (I forgot the last name) for non-chalantly adding that the puncture from Abby’s lung biopsy could COLLAPSE HER LUNG (10-25% of the time). You certainly woke me up, so instead of spending $5.47 on coffee, I was able to opt for a Nachos Bell Grande…..Majestic. 

Thank you…….Spell Check…….for Nothing. You’re underlining “chalantly” in my last paragraph yet offering no solutions. What a waste of a right-click.

Thank you…….Steve Jobs……you told engineers that their ideas were "Crap!" just enough times to cultivate the worlds greatest phone. A phone that allows all of us to have a camera available at all times. Times like these…..




Thank you……to me…….for somehow not screwing up and convincing her to marry you.

Thank you…….Power Windows……the drive home from Moffitt was much easier thanks to your services. I’ll be sure to lay off the French onion soup on the next visit.

Thank you…….Rest and Recuperation………it was great having almost 10 days off between Abby’s appointments for some “normalcy”. Abby is fresh with fully charged batteries.

Thank you…..Friends and Family……thanks to your meals, donations, and prayers; we’re sleeping pretty darn well at night and awaking with few worries in the morning. You’ve made it easy. You’ve made it tolerable. In some ways, you’ve made it incredible. We’re undeserving. We hope that somewhere along the way we truly brought some sort of joy to your life to earn such generosity.

This is certainly not an appropriate forum for our official thank you letters. Honestly, for all of the great things that have been provided to us, at this point we just don’t know how to thank you the right way. BUT WE WILL, and I promise it won’t be with fruitcake.

Abs should get her results from the lung biopsy early next week. Our money is on negative! If so, we’ll get that kidney out of her body and then go to chemo. Lets do this already!


That’s all for now…..time to watch the Sweet 16……..Go Gators!

1 comment:

  1. Jimmy exactly, thank you Ross and Abby for sharing your blog
    Thank you for sharing about the neighbor .hard to look at him now. Walks up the hill a lot.
    You are in my prayers. If you ever need anything I consider it an honor to help.
    Your old neighbor,
    Carman

    ReplyDelete