Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Latest and Greatest



Hi Friends,

Just a quick update on me……I’m doing well! My first infusion was a breeze; it was just a very long day. I still felt good the day after the treatment. Then, the next 2 days were filled with nausea, but not awful. Not that anyone reading this post has ever indulged a little bit too much on wine. BUT, imagine what you feel like the morning after. That’s my best description of what it’s like. By Friday of last week, I was feeling good again and have felt good ever since.  I wouldn’t say I feel 100%, but I would say that I’m pretty close. I wake up a feeling like a zombie most mornings. Luckily though, I have plenty of spare time on my hands to rest and feel normal again.

Last Monday, I went back to see my oncologist and to have blood work done. All was good. They check my blood to make sure my body is handling the therapy regimen well. If so, I can proceed with my next infusion on time.  Since all was well, my next chemo dose will be June the 2nd.

In the meantime, I finally got an appointment with a genetic counselor. I’ve been trying to get an appointment for a month now and apparently, it’s a busy place!  I just randomly called at the right time, and magically, they had an opening come available for next Tuesday!  So you may be wondering, what the heck does that mean? Well, as I’m sure you know by now, my case is somewhat an anomaly. Doctors are certain that I have some type of genetic mutation that is producing these cancerous tumors. Genetic testing needs to be done to verify this theory. Even if I do end up having a genetic mutation, there is nothing available to reverse this problem at this present time. However, medicine is always evolving.  Needless to say, I am praying for just BAD LUCK! I will most likely always be paranoid that this viscous cycle will roar it’s ugly head again; and if I have a mutated gene, I will live my life under a magnifying glass. On the bright side though, the one thing I can say with certainty is that I serve a powerful God, who continues to give me peace and strength for whatever may come my way.

THANK YOU!

Love,
Abby

P.S.   Yes, I still have my hair. Hair usually starts to shed closer to the 2nd treatment. I’m just hoping I didn’t look this crazy for nothing…..





P.P.S    Judd seems to be feeling good already!

No comments:

Post a Comment