Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Miscellaneous

Hey there….Hi there….Ho there!

I stole that greeting from a buddy of mine…..yep, should’ve just let that stay his own material.

Anyway, how are ya? How’s life? I hope your summer has been awesome. What’s more fun than stepping out into a 3,000 degree swamp each day?

I’ve been a little bit “M.I.A” lately, but I’ve certainly had my wheels spinning thinking about this blog. The best part about writing this blog is that in 7 years we’ll be able to sit on the couch with Judd and let him read about this experience. There are so many little things here and there that I make a mental note to remember. Literally, something will happen and I’ll say to myself “I want to remember to write about this” or “man, I hope to remember to mention this on the blog”. There’s so much I know Abs wants to forget….Tonight’s post is about some small things I want us to remember. Just like pretty much all of my posts, below are a set of “Miscellaneous” stories or thoughts that I want to remember when we read this blog in the future. I hope you’ll enjoy my musings……

Friend Saves Idiot Dad: So it’s Tuesday morning, one day after Abby’s 2nd chemo treatment. Abs had a hard time with the 2nd treatment, so she was in bed. I handled Judd before going to work. I packed his lunch. I got him dressed (I think he matched). We arrived to school and there was the sign that stopped me in my tracks.

“WATER DAY IS TODAY”

Crap! EVERY kid at school is supposed to wear a bathing suit so they can play in the water. My kid is in cargo shorts and a polo. I was sad for Judd, but in the end I just didn’t have time. I went to work. As I’m arriving to Gainesville, our friend whose kids also go to the same school texts me, “Did you remember water day?” Of course, I played the idiotic Dad role to perfection…. “No, but it’s ok, he’s a big boy”.

It was a defensive reply. I actually felt terrible about the whole thing. But guess what…remember my stories about “DESIGN”? Here’s another one….our friend's iphone was acting up, so she never got my reply. Since she never heard from me, she went ahead and took Judd an extra swimsuit. Boom! Judd got to enjoy Water Day with his friends.

(Sigh of Relief)…thanks for the save!



Idiot Man Offers Pregnant Woman a Beer: Abs and I hadn’t seen some friends of ours in several weeks, so it was time to catch up. Oh yes…..Friday, July 11, 2014…….Ribs and Beers, baby! Abs was feeling great that night. I awoke at 4:30 AM to bake the ribs ahead of our feast. And sure enough, just like I always do, our guests arrived right on schedule. We greeted. Shook hands. Exchanged hugs. Judd showed them his tent. Ya know, the usual stuff. Then like any good host, I asked our guests if I could get them a beer. To which she replied……

“No thanks, I can’t have a beer until January 31st……(insert long pause)…..because I’m pregnant!!!”

Damn…..that was a great night…..and one hell of a pig roast.


There is nothing in the world like parenthood.


Physical Fitness: I’m really making great nutrition choices right now. I’m eating right, and physical fitness is a regular part of my day. In fact, I’m in the best shape of my life.

Ok - that last story wasn't true.


Best Weekend Ever: So I’m driving to work on Monday. Literally just 2 days ago. It hits me…….last weekend was the “Best Weekend Ever!” Picture this chain of awesomeness……

Free lunch on Friday at work à Eaton’s Beach on Lake Weir Friday night (without our kid) à Splash Pad Saturday morning with the kids à Lunch at Ivy House on Saturday à Nap à Enjoy a great afternoon with Abs and Judd à Leave Saturday afternoon for a golf trip with my brother à Eat dinner in the TPC Clubhouse à Eat breakfast on Sunday in the TPC Clubhouse à Break 90 and make par on the famed TPC Sawgrass Island Green à Make it home to enjoy dinner with Abs and Judd on Sunday night.

That my friends is the greatest weekend of all time. Many thanks to the greatest wife of all time for allowing me to go. Many thanks to “Uncle DeeGee” for the complimentary golf weekend.

Happy 3-0 Bobbo! Next thirty are the best thirty!






The More the Merrier: Abs has all of her treatments on a Monday. She has to go for a follow-up on Tuesday and get a shot. So, I get home from work on one of the Tuesday nights….

Me: Did you get your shot?
Abs: Yep
Me: Who was able to take you?
Abs: Amanda……she came and picked me up. She had ALL of the kids in the car. They just waited in the car while I went in.

Not exactly sure why….but for some reason when I picture that in my head….I find it hilarious. 


Many thanks for the ride along!


Big Boy Bed: Abs had the brilliant idea of moving Juddy to a “Big Boy Bed” over the last few weeks. So long to the baby days and the baby crib! Ok, so every night from 8:00-8:45 is pretty much a screaming match to get him to lay down. Regardless…….Worth it!



A Picture Can Tell an Entire Story:



Looking for an update on Abs? See the last picture. She is good. Her family is good. Life is good.

Talk to you soon.


-Rossco

No comments:

Post a Comment